PLASTIC FREE PPE FACE VISOR
A UK made Plastic Free Face Visor to assist in the national call for help in the supply of PPE for the Covid-19 pandemic, while ensuring it had a lower carbon foot print than any competitor on the market.
- Innovate UK backed project, set about designing and developing a fully biodegradable face visor that can be mass produced up to 100,000 units per day in the UK to assist the need for UK made PPE.
- Developed 60 prototypes in 1 month to prefect a design that would be compliant to the correct EN standards
- Created a network of partners to assist in the delivery of the project
- National Physical Laboratory
- University of Central Lancashire
- Lancaster University
- RTC North
- UK Manufacturing Partners
- Carbon footprint of the PPECO FaceVisor was 85% lower than most competitive products.
- Proving that Eco-design, sustainability and effective product design can go hand in hand to deliver essential PPE for national demand all while on-shoring production to the UK.
- Launched and fully CE certified after a 6 months design sprint, from initial idea to final product.